Vitamin B-12: Your Newest “Friend With Benefits”
If there is one vitamin that you should think about adding to your daily intake, it should be Vitamin B-12. This water soluble vitamin does not only keep your red blood cells and nerves healthy but also does the serious job of keeping your most critical body processes functioning smoothly and in tiptop shape. But the thing with Vitamin B-12 is that the human body can be deficient in it, and the first indicator of your lacking in it would be the feeling of fatigue. Other people who will require lots of vitamin B-12 because of their conditions or lifestyle choices include pregnant and nursing women, heavy smokers and drinkers, elderly people and strict vegetarians. Vitamin B-12 is also important for people who suffer form conditions that do not allow them to adequately absorb the said vitamin.
Bountiful Benefits (Drinks with vitamin b12)
So now that we’ve established how important vitamin B-12 is, here are its top five benefits:
- Vitamin B-12 helps in the maintenance of one’s healthy digestive system. And because it pulls down unhealthy cholesterol levels in the body, you are also protected against high blood pressure, stroke and other heart diseases.
- Vitamin B-12 elevates your energy levels and decreases feelings of lethargy. The presence of this vitamin (whether through a variety of foods or drinks with vitamin B12) helps to swiftly convert carbohydrates in the body to glucose form, which is responsible for better energy production and reduced fatigue.
- Vitamin B-12 is a factor that contributes in your “good looks”. Did you know that vitamin B-12 is needed for healthy-looking hair, nails and skin? Its ability to speed up cell reproduction and contributions to constant skin renewal keep you in a constant state of youthful glow!
- Vitamin B-12 can help protect against certain types of cancers that include colon, prostate, breast and lung. If you up your intake of Vitamin B-12, you have a higher chance of fighting the probability of developing the Big C. 5. Vitamin B-12 regulates the nervous system. When the nervous system goes haywire, this is when the body experiences depression, stress or even brain shrinkage. Vitamin B-12 can avoid or decrease all of that and more.
What You Avoid By Taking Vitamin B-12
Want to know what you end up avoiding when you have adequate amounts of vitamin B-12 in your body? The short list is as follows:
- Physical weakness
- Weight loss
- Poor memory
- Loss of appetite
- The development of mouth sores
- Vision problems
- Low sperm count
That’s quite a list, huh? Many people become surprised upon learning about how the body benefits from vitamin B-12 as well as the repercussions of not having enough of it in the system. Apart from getting vitamin B-12 from a variety of food sources (which include the following: cheese, milk, eggs, liver, meat and different fish varieties), it can also help to take vitamins and supplements that include generous amounts of vitamin B-12 so that you are never found lacking from it!