Did you know that cod liver oil and fish oil (salmon oil) are two absolutely different products? So, what is the difference between these dietary supplements? Let’s clear it up.
- Cod liver oil is made from red cod fish liver. It is rich in vitamins A and D, but lacks omega-3 fatty acids. The shortcoming of cod liver oil is substantial as it is possible to consume a dose of heavy metals along with the vitamins. Everything is because of contaminated sea water that encourages storage of poisonous substances in the red cod fish liver. That is the reason why such cod liver oil is dangerous for little children and pregnant women.
- This kind of oil is received from small-sized fish. Sardine and sprats are used as raw materials. These kinds of fish are brought from South America. The fish is processed without gutting. A dietary supplement received in the result of such a process lacks omega-3 and vitamins A and D.
- Fish oil (salmon oil) is received from salmon subcutaneous fat and muscles. Liver is not used for fish oil production. As salmons live in ecologically-clean waters, fish oil does not contain harmful agents. Such dietary supplement contains the highest concentration of omega-3 acids (25%) and moderate quantity of vitamins A and D. Omega-3 fatty acids play a great role in beauty, health and youthfulness preservation. They help to output free radicals, possess anti-inflammatory action, clean vessels from cholesterol and strengthen the immune system.
Always choose ecologically-clean fish oil from a reliable producer. For example, “Vital plus” is salmon oil in capsules from Swiss brand Vivasan. “Vital plus” contains salmon oil concentrate. The salmon used for it lives in cold waters of the Far East. This salmon oil is cleaned on many levels. Practical gelatine capsules prevent fish oil combustion and hide its smell and taste.
The Benefits of “Vital Plus” Salmon Oil:
- Enhances the state of hair and skin
- Strengthens bones, nails and teeth
- Normalizes blood pressure under the condition of regular use
- Improves the work of heart
- Speeds up metabolic processes during weight loss
- Improves vision
- Increases body resistance to cold-related diseases