A trip to the supermarket usually means you need to store up on food and other household essentials. But a quick trip to the fruits and veggies section is not always about gathering ingredients for a salad. Sometimes it can even be for a beauty product! And one of nature’s harvests that you should really consider getting to improve your face and hair’s condition is this little miracle worker: avocado oil.
Oils for the skin provide so many benefits – that we know you are sure of. But did you know that avocado oil has some surprisingly great benefits not just for your body but also for your hair and face:
- Sterolin – facilitates skin softening and reduces age spots
- Antioxidants – heals sun-damaged skin; jam-packed with vitamins A, D and E to make skin supple, making it very good for those who have dry and ageing skin
- Protein and fats – make for strong agents that keep skin healthy, especially with the presence of omega-3 fatty acids
- Potassium and lecithin – helps to improve hair condition and overall makes skin look better
Avocado oil:A Wonderful Treat for the Face
Avocado oil can easily replace your favorite facial moisturizer because it is both effective and comes from natural sources; hence, you do not introduce any unwelcome chemicals to your face all in the name of beauty. It’s all natural oils for skin. Using it for the face is very simple:
- Step 1: Cleanse your face with a gentle facial wash and pat slightly to remove water but still keeping it a bit damp.
- Step 2: Add a few drops of avocado oil on a cotton pad and gently wipe it all over your face.
- Step 3: Use your fingers to massage your face and to thoroughly work the avocado oil in (just like you would do with Argan oil for skin, if you’ve tried that).
Some observe that it does not as absorbent compared to other oils, but in about ten minutes your skin would have thoroughly absorbed (and benefitted) from it. You will notice that your face will produce less oils, thanks to the presence of avocado oil that provides the needed moisture without generating an oil slick!
Benefits of avocado oil for hair
And as for the hair, a generous amount of avocado oil applied wet or dry will only result in gorgeous, shiny and behaved tresses. Apply it wet in place of your conditioner and marvel at the softness of your hair once it gets dry. Apply it dry and delight in the way it keeps your fly-aways behaved and your hair looking extra shiny. It works as a good, deep treatment product and an easy and everyday hair-finishing product.
Now that you know how beneficial and easy it is to use avocado oil for your hair and skin, the next step is figuring out which products in your beauty toolkit to get rid of or giveaway. Why, you ask? Only because these will be replaced by something cheaper, better and easier to use: avocado oil!